Wednesday, December 2, 2015

How To Green Your Christmas Décor- No DIY




Save green by going green this Christmas.











I 'Martha Stewart-ed ' this Christmas tree at the Salvation Army in Fenelon Falls.

Real talk- It is definitely missing something. I could tell you that the picture doesn't do it justice, or that I was leaving that last final touch to your imagination, but the truth is I made the super smart decision to attempt this with my 1.5, and 3 year old- big thanks to the staff who put up with us for this endeavour to show the world how much quality, nice, clean, Christmas décor second hand stores have.

The amount of Christmas stuff at this location is insane, I could have decorated 10 trees with just the stuff available for purchase, (tree's included) not including the 6 plus skids yet to be sorted in the back.

The point I'm trying to make is 





The resources and pollution that go into making and shipping all of this plastic décor is terrible for our environment, and by environment- I mean our health. Equally as harmful is this stuff sitting in a landfill breaking down for 500 years after we are through with it, and you know that is where it ends up eventually.

We need this earth more than we need Christmas décor for one month a year, and reducing our consumption of new goods is one of the most powerful things we can personally do to reduce our footprint on this place we call home.

Consider shopping second hand next time you need anything- you are going to be so surprised how much quality used merch is at these places. My favourite for selection and price in Kawartha Lakes is the giant Salvation Army Thrift Store in Fenelon Falls(check out all of the amazing stuff this organization does here)



As always thanks for reading my blog- to see my weekly post's follow me by clicking below
on twitter @sogreenithurts
on Facebook

Julia Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment